Sunday, May 3, 2009

Water World


Hey Divas, I know I have not written anything in a while, but truth be told, I was as sick as the proverbial dog. I have had the flu for almost a month and was barely able to stand let alone sit at the computer and form a coherent sentence to post on my blog. Today is one of the best days that I have had in a very long time, so I decided to post something.

Well, as I was so ill, I was on tons of medications, all of which made me drowsy even if the label or the doctor said that it shouldn’t, hey, what can I say, I am a delicate exotic flower that can’t take heavy narcotics, Advil is about as heavy as I can go without adverse side effects. During all this of course I had to keep myself twice as hydrated as I normally do to aid in keeping my fever down as well as flush all the toxins out of my body.

As I was doing the flushing, I was drinking copious amounts of water and my boyfriend bought me vitamin water as a good gesture to help me “get well”. I started to wonder, is vitamin water better than plain water?
As I was looking at the colorful water that resembled the jeweled colors not unlike the colors of Kool Aid, it looked appealing enough, but as I read the label of this particular brand, it was loaded with sugar. Now why would I want to consume anymore sugar than I already do? There is so much hidden sugar in lots of unsuspecting products such as ketchup etc, why would I want to add more to my diet, besides, last time I checked, I was sweet enough already.

The average bottle of vitamin water has over 100 calories plus sugar for the flavoring so you may as well go ahead and have that can of soda, so what is the point? I think I will stick to plain water and if I need to “punch” it up, I will add a twist of lemon. If I need vitamins, my multivitamin will suffice and do the trick.

TTFN
Diet Diva 4 Life

No comments:

Post a Comment