Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Am I being SENSA-ble?


If anyone knows me, they know that I am a home shopping junkie. I rarely shop in retail stores and the mailman and UPS dudes know me by name and even wave to me if they see me outside their tours of duty. So a few weeks ago, as I was watching HSN, they had their TSV (Today's Special Value for those novices) of this new spectacular-amazing weight loss product called SENSA.


First let's get to what SENSA is. Sensa is a weight loss system that comes in a container not unlike that of dental floss, only larger. It has 2 compartments, a "salty" compartment and a "sweet" compartment. These compartments are filled with what they call "taste testant" which by the way, if you read the container, the "testants" are still patent-pending. The testants are supposed to send messages to your brain to release the hormone to tell your body that you are full and it is time to stop eating. You are supposed to sprinkle these on EVERYTHING that you eat that is either solid or semi-solid (sorry, can't add them to your frothy mug of beer) but you can sprinkle them on your gummy bears, your pork rinds, your sticks of butter, your candybars, your tub of butter drenched popcorn when you go to the movies, whatever you eat that is again "solid or semi-solid." This means that you have to carry SENSA with you wherever you go. For this reason they send you 2 containers per month, one to keep at home and one to carry around with you, just in case you have to nibble while running errands at the post office or grocery store (yes, when sampling the grapes to see if they are just right at the supermarket, pull out that SENSA and sprinkle baby)


The claim was that you can continue to eat your favorite foods, all you had to do was sprinkle SENSA on your foods to "safely and effectively curb your appetite and lose weight without feeling deprived."


Well, after hearing the presentation on HSN and re-watching it throughout the day, I knew I had to have this product. If all I had to do was "sprinkle" my hips, belly and butt away, man I was hooked. My fingers quickly dialed up HSN, (now you know I have their number on speed dial in all my phones) I placed my order and even signed up for automatic shipment which meant I would be getting SENSA shipped to me without fail every 2 months, (now why would I want to be without this miracle diet if it was the answer to all my prayers?)


I could not wait to get home every day hoping that the mailman or UPS had made my delivery. Anyhow.... I get the "miracle sprinkles" and by this time, I have done additional research on the product while I am waiting for it to arrive. Turns out this product is questionable. The claims that Dr. Alan Hirsch, the creator of the Sensa Weight-Loss System, have not been verified. Here are 2 links to reputable sources that provided information on the product; 20/20 Sensa expose video and another to an ABC News article also about Sensa.


I think I will be packing this baby up and shipping it back pronto, and please do not ask me what I paid for the miracle sprinkles, I am now embarrassed to even say it, but YES! I WAS HOOD WINKED. Nothing gets the fat off your bum like good old fashioned hard work, now I have to turn off HSN, QVC and all the other shopping channels that have attributed to the butt spread from the hours of sitting and viewing the presentations and truly work out, there is no miracle in healthy weight loss.
TTFN (ta ta for now)
Diet Diva 4 Life

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe u bought in2 that mess.. I sounds 2 flaky 2 begin w/.. I won't ask how much u paid, if u're 2 embarrassed to mention it.. Just curious.. what did it taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually is tasteless. The one meal that I did try it on I could not tell any difference in the taste. Of course that "meal" was rum raisin ice cream (hey don't laugh, that falls into the semi-solid food category Divas)The cost for all you nosy parkers and I am not naming any names (but you know who you are Ms.Dkr&Sexy haha)was under $35 p/month which included free shipping and handling from HSN, and y'all know I am a sucka for free s&h. But I digress..the magical sprinkles sounded like just that, "magical" and I gave it a shot, after all, and I have already said it before in my original post : I WAS HOOD WINKED by the smooth presentation of HSN (damn them to hell) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update..since I had the package in hand, I decided to give it a week or two trial before I mailed it back. I mean, what if I was wrong about the whole thing?? Some days I forgot to sprinkle because of course this was out of the norm for me. But on the days that I did remember, I experienced more hot air (gas) than the Goodyear blimp that once released even sent my two pooches running for cover and dogs can pretty much stomach anything (get the picture?)Accompanied by the gas were the stomach cramps that almost put me in a fetal position a few times. Needless to say, I have tried it (against my better judgment, man I really was born yesterday)and I should have stuck to my original posting and sent it back PRONTO to HSN. I have read the reviews on HSN.com and I am not the only one that had this gastric distress. Guess this is one of those things that make you go "hmmm" and wonder if this product really should be on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slim-Fizz is a special appetite suppressant that contains the ground-breaking fibre Glucomannan, which is a natural dissolvable fibre derived from high quality pure Konjac.

    ReplyDelete