Monday, February 16, 2009

She Can't Keep a Secret


Ok, I will admit it. I read the Hollywood gossip. I get in the especially long lines at the supermarket so that I can read at least the hottest tidbits from one of the most popular gossip rags ( I wont say the name but it starts with E and rhymes wirer) without having to actually buy the thing. I mean, I can’t buy my favorite cheeses and the gossip magazine as well, the Diet Diva must make sacrifices you know.

Until I go to the supermarket, I get my fix of gossip from the internet. I was reading www.dailymail.co.uk when I happened to stumble upon an article on this year’s Oscar sweetheart Kate Winslet. You remember Kate, the chick from Titanic who threw that diamond into the ocean and Leonardo had the hots for? Well, Kate has finally revealed the secret to her envious figure. She says she owes it all to just “20 minutes of Pilates a day”

When asked, Kate dismissed she engages in grueling exercise or “faddy” diets, she insists that Pilates done in her home to DVDs no less is the culprit for her knock out body.

Did you know that Pilates was developed and inspired by Joseph Pilates, a prisoner of war in the Second World War about 75 years ago? (you guessed that’s why it is called PILATES huh and not named after someone else huh; you are a genius) It is a non strenuous exercise that stretches the muscles of the body to make them more long and lean. I like it because what other exercise can you do that consist mostly of lying on your back? (come on, get your filthy mind out of the gutter for a few minutes please) Rather than building up muscle, Pilates is most effective at toning the muscles of the buttocks, stomach and thighs, the plight of most women alive.

If you live under a rock in some undiscovered country, and have never even heard of Pilates and want to discover what Pilates is all about, I suggest that you first pick up a DVD and check it out. There are tons of DVDs available on this exercise. There also may be some community centers in your neck of the woods that offer low cost classes, look into those options as well.

So if you are looking for a new change in your exercise routine, give Pilates a try, you just may like it. It will not result in bulky muscles, but will have you on the road to a long, sleek toned look and you may just be a rival for Kate.

What else do you have to do in 20 minutes?

TTFN
Diet Diva 4 Life

No comments:

Post a Comment