Saturday, February 28, 2009

Do The Split


Yeah, I know, you don’t have time to work out. I hear it all the time. I have to admit that I too have used that sentence and sometimes way too often in the past. I figured that I had to put in at least a full 30 minutes of body pounding, heart racing, and sweat drenching exercise to benefit from the exercise at all. Guess what, and this does not happen often, so mark this on your calendar people, for it may not come around again in a long time…I was wrong (I won’t repeat it either so I hope you got that)

While doing my research I came across a few articles that stated short bouts of exercise throughout the day can have the same benefits as continuous workouts.” How come I never knew this before? Why didn’t the PE gym teacher, the one that we all suspected used Old Spice (the female gym teacher, you know the one, yeah her) not tell us that we did not have to spend the actual full gym period doing exerting ourselves? (I wonder if she still smells of Old Spice or upgraded to Axe.)

Ok, moving on. A study was done on non exercisers and people that either did the full 30 minutes or split their 30 minutes of exercise up in two 15 minutes sessions or three 10 minute sessions (you don’t need a calculator, it all ads up to 30 minutes, trust me). The results were that the only group that did not see a change in their weight loss or an increase in their endurance was the group that did nothing, yes the non exercisers.

So, stop saying that you don’t have time to exercise, do the split and split your 30 minutes a day up, you may be amazed at the results.

TTFN
Diet Diva 4 Life

No comments:

Post a Comment